Sizzling Bison Steak Stir Fry
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 9-ounce bison ribeye steaks
- 1 + 1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Additional crushed red pepper, if desired
- Toasted sesame seeds, if desired
1. If desired, partially freeze bison ribeye steak for easier slicing (about 30 minutes). Thinly slice bison ribeye steak across the grain into bite-size strips; set aside.
2. For sauce, combine broth, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and the 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet.
4. Add bison ribeye strips, half at a time, to hot skillet. (Add more oil if necessary). Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until bison ribeye strips are slightly pink in the center. Push bison ribeye strips from center of skillet. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to skillet; stir to coat all ingredients with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper and toasted sesame seeds.