Get Connected to the CBA
The single most effective way you can address the range of critical issues facing your bison business is by joining the Canadian Bison Association.
As your industry association since 1985, the CBA has effectively represented the industry's interest to federal an provincial governments, the media and the public. Your CBA membership provides you representation at the highest levels and connects you to essential information, programs and services that provide an advantage in the marketplace.
By Being a Member You..
Get Connected to Regulatory and Legislative Advocacy
* Influence decisions provincially, federally and internationally that impact the bison industry
Contribute to priorities and conditions of international trade
* Contribute to the evolution of programs such as bison cash advance and the bison meat grading program
* Contribute to industry production standards through the Bison Code of Practice
* Contribute to decisions related to animal health
* Influence the industry's role in bison conservation
* Prepare for emerging issues identified by fellow producers, your Board of Directors and staff.
Get Connected to Market Trends and Industry News
* Access to information on industry trends, market prices, numbers of animals sold/bought, slaughtered, processed and exported.
* Follow timely industry information through CBA's exclusive member publications (Smoke Signals, weekly E-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter)
* Develop your business strategy using the latest benchmarking information
Get Connected to Education, Marketing and Public Relations Resources
* Participate in research programs related to bison health and production
* Educated potential customers with CBA's marketing materials and website
* Increasing consumer awareness by participating in food shows domestically and internationally
* Work with other bison enthusiasts for the benefit of the bison industry
Get Connected to a Vibrant Business Network
* Increase your viability and gain distribution and referrals domestically and internationally
* Meet and exchange information with bison industry leaders, marketers and fellow producers at
our annual conference and industry meetings
If you are a bison producer or bison enthusiast, Get Connected! Join the Canadian Bison Association by:
Going to www.canadianbison.ca