Grilled Buffalo Steak with Radicchio-Beet Skewers
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small heads radicchio
- 1 15-ounce can baby beets, drained (the liquid can be reserved for Pickled Eggs)
- 1 pound buffalo steaks, cut into 4 portions
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with the back of a spoon until creamy. Add vinegar, dry mustard, shallot, parsley, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly drizzle in 1 tablespoon oil until blended. Set aside.
- Cut each radicchio head in half, core and quarter each half. Thread radicchio chunks and beets onto skewers. Drizzle the skewered vegetables with 1½ teaspoons oil. Rub steaks with the remaining ½ teaspoon oil. Season the steaks and skewered vegetables with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the vegetable skewers, turning frequently so the radicchio doesn't burn, until the radicchio is wilted and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer the steaks to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Serve the steaks and vegetables drizzled with the sauce.